Wednesday, October 05, 2005
WRONG time for maintenance, Blogspot!
I don't generally like complaining about things, and I definitely don't plan on using my blog the way curmudgeonly commentator Andy Rooney uses the last five minutes of 60 minutes! *grin*

However, I do have to say -- especially on the off chance that someone from Blogspot/Blogger sees this -- that I'm very surprised and disappointed they would take the website down from 5 to 7 p.m. That's right; when I logged on during this time period to update my blog, I got a screen that read:

Down for Maintenance

Blogger is temporarily unavailable due to planned maintenance.

This downtime will last 2 hours from 5pm - 7pm (PST).


HUH?? Since when does a website frequented by MILLIONS of users purposely take itself down during one of the most highly trafficked times? Granted, they might think all of us Pacific Time Zoners are either coming home or eating dinner between 5 and 7 p.m. (wrong), but that same period on the East Coast is 8 to 10 p.m., where a LOT MORE folks are probably posting to their blogs, especially on a weeknight when they probably go to bed earlier than they would on weekends.

If something unexpected came up and Blogspot had to shut down unexpectedly during this time period, I'd have no problem with it. Stuff happens. But to have PLANNED MAINTENANCE during this period is another thing! Who the heck would plan to take their ultra-popular website down during a PEAK use period? Blogspot, I think you should take a clue from all the websites out there that schedule their maintenance in the wee hours of the night/morning. You'd have a lot less frustrated visitors and users! (Oh, and just for the record, Blogspot was down until 7:30 p.m.) *wry smile*

Today I am feeling aggro.
posted by ScaryShari @ 8:08 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

Welcome to my blog: 'Meandering Missive'!
My Photo
Name:
Location: South Bay Area, California, United States

My blog here has been abandoned, sorry! But PLEASE come and visit me at http://scaryshari.livejournal.com -- I update my blog several times each week. And Live Journal is far better than Blogspot/Blogger in many ways!! :)

Recent Rambles
Archives
Quote of the Week
'The only way to have a friend is to be one.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fave Blog Log
Fave Links
Counter

Misc. Goodies

15n41n1

Blogwise - blog directory

Personal Blog Top Sites

Blog Flux Directory

Technorati blog directory

pointlessly purple

Secret Santa Project


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Shari's badge. Make your own badge here.