Monday, September 26, 2005
A study in purple & orange
As everyone knows who either posts to a blog or reads a blog, there are funny little "quizzes" you can take that tell you something about yourself based on your answers. For example, you might answer various questions about how inhibited or un-inhibited you are, and the quiz would tell you what reality show best suits you. Or you might answer questions relating to your hobbies and personality, and find out which Harry Potter character you are. (Karrie, who are you? *grin*) The quiz things also give you a funky little graphic to stick in your blog, so everyone can see your quiz results and even take the quiz themselves if they wish.

Just for fun, I took a quiz that promised to tell me what "color" my blog personality is. The only problem was, even though I could only pick one answer to each question, many of the questions had MORE than one answer I wanted to pick! So, being the indecisive fool that I am, I took the quiz again! ;D I got two different colors, and what's cool about that is that BOTH of the descriptions suit me to a T! The fact that my favorite color (purple) is one of them is just a happy coincidence.

Speaking of which, it so happens that a very unusual, dainty and pretty member of the pea family is colored in purple and orange. It's an unlikely combination, I know, but it turns up on a little flower called the flame pea (Chorizema genus, 2 different species). The purple is more of a magenta than a true purple, but the orange is definitely orange! I have some flame pea seeds, in fact, and am going to plant them ASAP, since in our mild-winter climate, early fall is good time to plant certain types of peas (including spring-flowering sweet peas -- so fragrant and classic!)

At any rate, it turns out that my blog and flame peas have a lot more in common that I ever would have thought! Funny how that happens, eh? ;D And now, without further ado, I'll let you read why my blog is, apparently, a study in purple and orange...

I took the What's the Color of Your Blog Personality? Quiz at About Web logs and...


My Blog Personality's True Color Is...
ORANGE

It's all about optimism, hope and positivity.
I see suffering, I feel pain. But, I believe that things do get better in time. I still find goodness in humanity. That's why I blog both ways: to record reality and to hang on to hope.




My Blog Personality's True Color Is...
PURPLE

It's all about youthfulness,
fantasy and dreams.
It doesn't matter what age I am. It doesn't matter what life hurls at me. I will always stay young because I love life... And, a part
of me will always believe in dreams and magic. I try to keep these special things alive through my blog.




Today I am feeling pleased.
posted by ScaryShari @ 10:30 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

Welcome to my blog: 'Meandering Missive'!
My Photo
Name:
Location: South Bay Area, California, United States

My blog here has been abandoned, sorry! But PLEASE come and visit me at http://scaryshari.livejournal.com -- I update my blog several times each week. And Live Journal is far better than Blogspot/Blogger in many ways!! :)

Recent Rambles
Archives
Quote of the Week
'The only way to have a friend is to be one.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fave Blog Log
Fave Links
Counter

Misc. Goodies

15n41n1

Blogwise - blog directory

Personal Blog Top Sites

Blog Flux Directory

Technorati blog directory

pointlessly purple

Secret Santa Project


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Shari's badge. Make your own badge here.