Sunday, March 05, 2006
Inane time wasting @ the Oscars
Am I the only person who, year after year, wonders why we have to spend the first 15 minutes or so of the Academy Awards listening to the host do the equivalent of a very BAD stand-up comedy routine filled with time-wasting, inane, insipid drivel?! Why all the stalling? If you're going to waste our time, be truly funny! Don't be facetious, sarcastic, insulting or vapid. Or better yet, since the Oscars are a classy affair, why not have the host/emcee TREAT it classily? Why do we need to sit thru joke after joke anyway? This ain't a stand-up comedy club!

Also -- am I the only person who, year after year, wonders why the host has to interject one tasteless, dumb, sometimes mocking, and sometimes even NON-understandable joke after another between presentations and entertainment numbers? Isn't the initial 15-minute monologue at the start of the show enough?

Just for the record, I'm not some stoic grump! ;D :) As just about everyone who knows me is aware, I love to be silly, make jokes, make people laugh, be made to laugh, and even laugh at my own self. I'm often told I have a very good (and often contagious) sense of humour.

So, I've concluded that *I* am not the one with the problem when it comes to humour at the Academy Awards. *They* are the ones with the problem. I'm just hoping that one year, they'll do away with all the inane, superficial crap that makes me embarrassed-by-proxy for the host, and they'll start having something REAL! Whether the hosts are fed their lines or allowed to create some of them on their own, the majority of them are basically still like school on Saturday -- no class!

Today I am rolling my eyes in disdain!
posted by ScaryShari @ 8:33 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

Welcome to my blog: 'Meandering Missive'!
My Photo
Name:
Location: South Bay Area, California, United States

My blog here has been abandoned, sorry! But PLEASE come and visit me at http://scaryshari.livejournal.com -- I update my blog several times each week. And Live Journal is far better than Blogspot/Blogger in many ways!! :)

Recent Rambles
Archives
Quote of the Week
'The only way to have a friend is to be one.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fave Blog Log
Fave Links
Counter

Misc. Goodies

15n41n1

Blogwise - blog directory

Personal Blog Top Sites

Blog Flux Directory

Technorati blog directory

pointlessly purple

Secret Santa Project


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Shari's badge. Make your own badge here.