Thursday, February 16, 2006
Johari's "Window" to my soul ;)
It seems everyone's been doing the Johari Window lately. I'd call it a meme, but you don't answer quizzy questions or post anything in your blog. It's an insightful tool dealing with psychology and interpersonal communications, and I love it! I first tried it in college, in my Interpersonal Communications class. I enjoyed learning how other people (family and friends) saw me, and whether or not I saw myself that way. It was also a cool way for the family members and friends to learn more about me. (Of course, we did it on paper and were free to write any adjectives we wanted, unlike the website, where you choose from a pre-made list).

The website that hosts the Window has been overloaded lately, but it finally seems to be online more than it's OFF, so I'm doing my own now. I went to the site many times to participate in other peoples' Windows; now I hope you'll take a minute to help me with mine. :) Thanks! The instructions are here: Shari's Johari Window. After you've picked 6 adjectives that describe me, please enter either your Live Journal user name (if you're on LJ), or your real first name, before you click the "save" button. That way, I can see how many people picked which adjectives. (Note to Shari in L.V. -- if you do my Window, please enter your last initial or some other thing to differentiate us, so people don't see your name and think I rated myself a second time. *blush* Thanks!)

I had a hard time picking from the adjective chart, because I identified with so many of them! Also, quite a few were near-synonyms, which was confusing. For example, the chart had both "caring" and "kind", and to me those basically mean the same thing. Likewise "cheerful" and "happy", while not the same, are very close when it comes to personality traits. I may or may not have chosen any of these for myself; I'm just using them as examples. I think I would have made the Window with a wider range of adjectives, but hey -- I didn't design the site and wouldn't have a clue how to do it! *chuckle* And it really is well done and easy.

After you're done with that, if you want to try something completely different, I've also made one of the infamous Nohari Windows. Here's the link: Shari's Nohari Window. It's the opposite of Johari and consists of personality flaws and/or weaknesses. It may seem very negative and insulting, but it really isn't -- unless you take it personally. I promise I won't. :) I'm the first to admit that I have as many weaknesses as anybody else. I also feel it's never too late to try to improve myself, but it helps if I know what I need to improve on. I picked the 6 flaws that I think are most descriptive of me. I hope you all will do the same. As with the Johari Window, you don't have to pick 6; you can pick 4 or 5, but it won't let you pick more than 6.

Thanks again all!

Today I am feeling curious.
posted by ScaryShari @ 10:26 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

Welcome to my blog: 'Meandering Missive'!
My Photo
Name:
Location: South Bay Area, California, United States

My blog here has been abandoned, sorry! But PLEASE come and visit me at http://scaryshari.livejournal.com -- I update my blog several times each week. And Live Journal is far better than Blogspot/Blogger in many ways!! :)

Recent Rambles
Archives
Quote of the Week
'The only way to have a friend is to be one.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fave Blog Log
Fave Links
Counter

Misc. Goodies

15n41n1

Blogwise - blog directory

Personal Blog Top Sites

Blog Flux Directory

Technorati blog directory

pointlessly purple

Secret Santa Project


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Shari's badge. Make your own badge here.