Thursday, March 02, 2006
13-year-old Shari had a journal too!
While cleaning out (or rather, TRYING to clean out) my awful firetrap of a room, I came across the handwritten journal I started when I was 13. I was an 8th grader in middle school (or junior high school) at the time. I seem to remember I specifically called it my "journal," not my "diary," because the second word sounded too much like "diarrhea"! (*blush* LOL)

I wrote in my journal faithfully at first, and then sporadically. I sure wish I'd started it during my first year of middle school rather than my last, and I wish I'd maintained it all through high school, because it's such an intensely enjoyable and nostalgic thing to read as an adult! ;) :D I think everyone probably feels this way when they read journals they kept as a child or teenager.

Just for fun, I plan to occasionally share entries from that old journal. Here are three that display the typical teen angst many 13-year-old girls go through. Interestingly enough, it looks like February wasn't such a good month for me in 1986 either! *chuckle*

In my original journal, I obviously mentioned everyone's name. However, since I'm sharing this online, I decided to use only the initials of the people I dislike. When mentioning my friends, however, I'll use their first names, since it's not like I'm saying anything bad about them. I've also added some comments in italics to help clarify a few things that might not make as much sense otherwise.


Monday, Feb. 3, 1986

It actually thundered today! In science class (by the way, I have TV journalism 4th period and science 3rd as my new classes this semester) I heard a kind of rumbling and was ready to think it was an earthquake when it stopped. Tammie at our table said, "I hope that was the wind!" But as it turned out, it was thunder. Thao even said she saw lightning from Mr. Holmes' window.

So, I have a good feeling that these new classes will be pretty good, especially TV journalism. Too bad, though, there are quite a few people who are in it who I dislike: E., S., N., S., and T. Oh well. I shouldn't even waste my brain power on the !@#*!@!! likes of those kids! [I guess I didn't use swear words in those days!]

Before I close, I'll say this: my tooth kills from the rubber band. Not really kills, but it's pretty uncomfortable. It's 9:16 p.m. so I'll be done now! [I wore braces and sometimes my orthodontist hooked up various patterns of tiny rubber bands to help bring my teeth together.]

Tuesday, Feb. 4, 1986

Well, today was just another ordinary day. It actually stayed clear all day! Wow! One kind of bad thing happened today, though. Well actually, it's more sad, because it's about a churlish bitch, and I feel sorry for her. It's M.H., and when we got put in our roll-call lines in P.E. today, she said: "Boy, look at this. I'm surrounded by rejects. Shari is a mental retard. You can't even tell if she's a guy or a girl. And then herpes B." Poor B.! Everyone hates him. I feel sorry for that skinny guy. So anyway, I DETEST M.H.! [I wore my hair short in middle school, and I don't think I always wore makeup, but I certainly didn't look like a guy! LOL! This girl was one of the most hateful people you could ever meet.]

On to happier news, in history today we went to the media center and me, Patty, Juliane, Nicole and Michelle discussed our project. It was fun and it's gonna be a great video camera production! Well, I think I'll stop now and read my book in bed.

Friday, Feb. 7, 1986

Well, it's 10:05 p.m., and after a very good MTV Top 20 Video Countdown. [Back in the days when MTV actually played lots of videos, and they were actually good!!]

Tomorrow I'm going over to Juliane's to work on our history project and maybe do some filming if Patty's there. Our group consists of me, Juliane, Patty, Nicole and Michelle.

Oh, there was something I was thinking about for a long time when I got home from school. And I feel I should put it in my journal. Around last week, we got this new boy in our English class named Scott. He's really cute and has that rad white-blond hair.

Anyway, of course the "in" group made it their business to get friendly with him, and (now comes the unbelieveable part) he is already going around with someone! The girl is J.H. Not that I'd wanted to go with him, but my gosh, they hardly even know each other!!! And they're already going together! Unbelieveable!


Today I am feeling nostalgic.
posted by ScaryShari @ 2:52 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

Welcome to my blog: 'Meandering Missive'!
My Photo
Name:
Location: South Bay Area, California, United States

My blog here has been abandoned, sorry! But PLEASE come and visit me at http://scaryshari.livejournal.com -- I update my blog several times each week. And Live Journal is far better than Blogspot/Blogger in many ways!! :)

Recent Rambles
Archives
Quote of the Week
'The only way to have a friend is to be one.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fave Blog Log
Fave Links
Counter

Misc. Goodies

15n41n1

Blogwise - blog directory

Personal Blog Top Sites

Blog Flux Directory

Technorati blog directory

pointlessly purple

Secret Santa Project


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Shari's badge. Make your own badge here.