Sunday, December 25, 2005
Funny Christmas scene - ouch!


[sing to the tune of "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer"]

Santa has collided with a street tree,
Skiing through the streets of San Jose!
You can say there's no such thing as Santa,
But cameras do not lie -- or so they say!


In all honesty, I actually took these photos in December 2004. There's a side street (court, really) off McLaughlin Avenue in San Jose where the homeowners go all-out decorating their home and landscaping for Christmas. They also took the liberty of decorating a street tree with this scene of violence! (LOL) I don't know if they repeated it in 2005, but I'd assume they did. I thought it was so crazy, I had to photograph it. It also moved me to rewrite a stanza of the maddeningly catchy carol, Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer! (This link not only provides the full lyrics; it also has a MIDI file with a cool instrumental version of the song).

I hope anyone reading this who celebrates Christmas is having a wonderful day full of family, friends, food, gifts and -- most importantly -- good health. :) The same wish goes for anyone reading this who celebrates Hanukkah, as the first of its seven nights begins tonight.

I'm happy to report I'm feeling better since Friday morning, when last I blogged. My fever seems gone, and my throat culture was negative for strep. Thank you to all the folks who sent me get-well wishes, either via blog comments or email. *hugs* If you could extend those wishes a bit longer, NOT for me, but for my dad, I'd be grateful. As I mentioned in the prior blog entry, he has advanced COPD, which means even the smallest infection can cause big trouble in his bad lungs. He's also 82, so he doesn't exactly have youth on his side either. :( We are all hoping and praying he doesn't come down with what I had!!

Today I am feeling hopeful.
posted by ScaryShari @ 8:34 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger ScaryShari said…

    Thank you both! :) No wonder I've been friends with each of you for so long -- you are awesome people! *hugs*

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

Welcome to my blog: 'Meandering Missive'!
My Photo
Name:
Location: South Bay Area, California, United States

My blog here has been abandoned, sorry! But PLEASE come and visit me at http://scaryshari.livejournal.com -- I update my blog several times each week. And Live Journal is far better than Blogspot/Blogger in many ways!! :)

Recent Rambles
Archives
Quote of the Week
'The only way to have a friend is to be one.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fave Blog Log
Fave Links
Counter

Misc. Goodies

15n41n1

Blogwise - blog directory

Personal Blog Top Sites

Blog Flux Directory

Technorati blog directory

pointlessly purple

Secret Santa Project


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Shari's badge. Make your own badge here.