Thursday, November 10, 2005
Celtic tree astrology quiz!
After taking a bunch of the so-called quizzes at sites like Blogthings, Blog Quiz and Quiz Farm (yes, I admit I'm a terrible time-waster *blush*), I got fed up with how many of them contained misleading questions, too few questions to be worth anything, inaccurate results or -- worst of all -- the SPELLING and GRAMMAR skills of the most careless of third graders!! :( Not to mention slang so thick you could cut it with a knife! (Shari in Las Vegas, stay away from 'em! You'll be tempted to get your English teacher's red pen out and mark up your screen! *grin* I almost did that with my copy editor's pen, only mine's purple.)

At any rate, if the teenagers making these quizzes are any indication of our public school system at work, I am VERY worried, and I'm not joking! The slang I can overlook, since it will change with time. After all, no one talks at age 41 the way they did at 14. *grin* But if you reach your teenage years and haven't yet learned how to spell and write in a way that doesn't make you look like an idiot or an illiterate... well... that's sad and scary. Granted, not all the quizzes are like this. Some were extremely well-written and well-thought out. :)

Anyhoo, I got inspired to create my own quiz, and I must say that Quiz Farm has a very good template "wizard" that guides you through the process without you needing any knowledge of any web programming language! You can customize so many attributes of the quiz it's amazing! Mine is called Which Tree Are You? (Celtic astrology). Please take the quiz, and let me know what you think of the results. *blush* You can even post the results snippet in your blog. :) Please also give the quiz a rating if you feel so moved (you'll see that option when you get your quiz results).

I had a lot of fun making this quiz; I also put a lot of thought and time into making it as accurate as possible. My source was a handy little fold-out doodad made of sturdy laminated-type paper called the "Celtic Astrology Decoder." It's made by Australia's Dynamo House, but is very hard to find, so I assume it's out of print. (It has an ISBN number, but no copyright date).

You turn various wheels on the decoder to look up your birthdate, and it shows you what your tree zodiac is. It's based on the Celtic lunar year and the ancient Druidic (Druic?) lore and knowledge about each tree's attributes. The wheels also show you what animal symbol belongs to your zodiac. Whenever I look up someone's birthday to see the personality traits associated with their tree, what I find is generally VERY accurate for the person I'm looking up!! Interesting. :)

Also interesting is that despite my love of and identification with OAK trees, my actual Celtic zodiac is the Hawthorn (another cool tree). And interestingly enough, when I took my own quiz, 3 out of 4 times it pegged me as a Haw!

Today I am feeling giddy.

You scored as The Hawthorn. In Celtic astrology, you're a Hawthorn. The animal symbol that accompanies this tree is the owl. The ancient Druids say Hawthorn people are creative, confident, innovative, eloquent, charming and may be good performers. However, Hawthorns may be prone to being mercurial, impatient, hasty or easily bored.

The Hawthorn

70%

The Hazel

65%

The Ivy

65%

The Rowan

60%

The Ash

55%

The Oak

55%

The Vine

50%

The Reed

50%

The Willow

45%

The Alder

40%

The Elder

40%

The Birch

35%

The Holly

30%

What Tree Are You? (Celtic astrology)
created with QuizFarm.com
posted by ScaryShari @ 8:47 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awesome quiz! Much better than alot of the others at quiz farm. It was very fun and very accurate in choosing a tree for me too!!

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Shari, I really enjoyed the quiz. I actually had to answer a tie breaker question in order to find out which tree I am. However, If you want to get technical; 3 of the 4 tie breaker questions rang true for me. In which, the trees/animals/meanings results that would follow for all 3 options fit me. Just not sure which one fits me the best.

    Respectfully,
    Claudia aka TruBluSouthernBelle2U

    PS... Results are as follows (since it won't let me copy and past the actual code in here, I'll just tell you the just of it) I was tied at 75% on The Vine, The Holly, The Rowan and the Reed. However, based on the answer I first marked on the tie breakers question -- it said I was "the Holly".

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I tried taking this quiz and unfortunately got this message.

    Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

Welcome to my blog: 'Meandering Missive'!
My Photo
Name:
Location: South Bay Area, California, United States

My blog here has been abandoned, sorry! But PLEASE come and visit me at http://scaryshari.livejournal.com -- I update my blog several times each week. And Live Journal is far better than Blogspot/Blogger in many ways!! :)

Recent Rambles
Archives
Quote of the Week
'The only way to have a friend is to be one.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fave Blog Log
Fave Links
Counter

Misc. Goodies

15n41n1

Blogwise - blog directory

Personal Blog Top Sites

Blog Flux Directory

Technorati blog directory

pointlessly purple

Secret Santa Project


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Shari's badge. Make your own badge here.