Friday, September 23, 2005
Blogging! My first time; please be gentle ;)
I've always been kind of resistant to the idea of getting a blog. Despite the fact that I love writing about everything and nothing, despite the fact that I love sharing my favorite things (such as words, quotations, personal photos, etc.), despite the fact that I generally don't mind being an open book, and despite the fact that "Eccentric" is my middle name (well, not really *grin*) -- I always felt that blogging was too trendy.

When I think of following fads or being "a trendy," I think of the person I was in junior high school and, to a slightly lesser degree, in high school as well. I was both immature and insecure in those days (especially junior high). I wasn't very original either; preferring to do "what everyone else is doing" than doing my own thing. I'm not saying that everyone who follows fads or trends is any of the things I was in my school days, because many people are not. And at the age of 33, I certainly am not either! *chuckle* So I think it's high time that I got over my strange variant of retrospective self trendiforous disdain, and GET MYSELF A BLOG! :D

Actually, in all truth, I still probably wouldn't have gotten a blog (even though I'm spending more and more time enjoying other peoples') if not for the fact that my best friend of 12+ years "L" recently started blogging. (She refers to everyone by their initials in her blog, for privacy's sake, and asked that I do the same for her). At any rate, her enthusiasm for blogging was so contagious that... well... I caught it! ;0 And then there's also the fact that she said she wants to link to my in her blog, and so I guess that means it would be a good idea if I actually HAD a blog! (As I understand it, the more blogs you're linked to, and from, the more likely search engines are to cite your blog if some anonymous person in Podunk types in keywords that you happened to spout off about). *chuckle*

Gosh I'm getting verbose! Maybe this blog idea wasn't such a good one after all! I have a hard enough time concentrating on my tasks at hand anyway, which currently amounts to several freelance writing projects that are close to being overdue. I also was recently diagnosed as having a mild case of adult ADD/ADHD , and based on my high level of distractibility, procrastination and disorganization, it is probably more than just a "label." At any rate, I'll stop rambling now, because somehow it seems that a first-ever blog entry should be short, not long.

And so, thank you sincerely for reading my first entry! :) There will be plenty more where this came from! Comments are, of course, welcome!

Happy day,
Shari (a.k.a. "Scary Shari")
posted by ScaryShari @ 9:29 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

Welcome to my blog: 'Meandering Missive'!
My Photo
Name:
Location: South Bay Area, California, United States

My blog here has been abandoned, sorry! But PLEASE come and visit me at http://scaryshari.livejournal.com -- I update my blog several times each week. And Live Journal is far better than Blogspot/Blogger in many ways!! :)

Recent Rambles
Archives
Quote of the Week
'The only way to have a friend is to be one.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fave Blog Log
Fave Links
Counter

Misc. Goodies

15n41n1

Blogwise - blog directory

Personal Blog Top Sites

Blog Flux Directory

Technorati blog directory

pointlessly purple

Secret Santa Project


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Shari's badge. Make your own badge here.